Followers

Wednesday 29 April 2020

The blue swimsuit

Once I stopped taking steroids and started to lose a bit of weight I bought myself a new swimsuit for sea swimming. Some time ago I lost it. I know, I know, how does anyone lose a swimsuit? Truthfully, I don’t really know! I think I accidentally left it at the beach after a swim, but it never turned up again. It was a lovely shade of blue and, despite buying a new swimsuit that was exactly the same but a different colour, I’ve never liked it as much as the blue one. My friend says that everything went to crap after I lost that swimsuit....... she blames that loss for covid-19, her thyroid becoming under active, just everything bad in general lol.

I decided to get another blue one, the same as the one I lost, and optimistically bought a smaller size...... Today I wore it for the first time :) I think I must be one of the few people to be losing weight while in covid-19 lockdown! No morning poached egg on toast and no afternoon buns!! 

Allowed to travel short distances for exercise, I travelled a few miles earlier today and met up with my sea swimming friend. I had my first dip in ages and, despite still being freezing hours later, I feel amazing! I got out of that sea almost the same colour as my blue swimsuit....... urban camouflage......like wearing a Laura Ashley dress and standing in front of a Laura Ashley sofa lol.

We’re back in the sea, I’m back in a (smaller, yay!) blue swimsuit. Life’s balance has been restored! Only good times now xx




No comments:

Post a Comment