Followers

Sunday 7 July 2019

Sunday happiness!

Anyone who reads this blog of mostly nonsense will know of my newfound passion for sea bathing. I say newfound, but today marked a very special event...... today hubby and I picked up our certificates for one year of sea swims!! The rule is that you have to dip at least once a month for a full year and then you’re a full member of the group. Today was that day for us! One year done!!

I was ridiculously excited to receive my certificate.... I even found myself wiping a wee tear from my eye. To some it’s just a certificate but to me it is much, much more. It’s proof. Proof of life, determination, the support of family and friends and proof that I’m still capable of doing things! In my eyes I may as well have been awarded a superhero cape! I am simply overjoyed!!





After getting dressed I walked out of the Arcadia to see hubby talking to a man who looked vaguely familiar. A few months ago we watched a series on BBC about five couples who were taken to London and given the price of a flight to Singapore.......they were then challenged to get there within that budget without taking any flights. It was called “Race Across the World” and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We were rooting for the oldest couple to take part......retired PE teachers, Tony and Elaine. We’d admired their tenacity and the fact that they were determined to keep going, despite it being really tough and being up against younger couples. What’s the odds they’d be on a short break in Portrush and that hubby would recognise them?? We had a brief chat and had the opportunity to tell them of our admiration and how much we’d enjoyed watching their journey and, ultimately, their win as they reached Singapore ahead of the five other couples.

In yet more of my wonderful life twists, I walked away from my certificate presentation and met a fellow brain tumourette and former wardmate with her mum. She too is doing brilliantly and we’ve both come such a long way in the past two and a bit years. It’s wonderful. 

After all the excitement hubby and I celebrated with a big breakfast and then a walk with ice creams! Sunday’s don’t get much better than this. 

Living with?? Kicking ass!! Xx

1 comment: