Followers

Saturday 23 November 2019

Little princess

A few weeks ago I was invited to attend a charity night at a local spa, Perfections. I was given a free foot massage which was wonderful. While there I met two girls who were representing a local charity, The Gillian Adams Angel Foundation. Gillian was their sister-in-law and sadly passed away in 2015 from bowel cancer. She was two years younger than me. Far too young to die. Her wonderful family run the charity in her name and have a simple and clear aim ‘to help families who’s lives are being affected by cancer’. They offered me a range of help options. I explained that I worked and would feel bad taking anything but the insisted they wanted to help everyone, regardless of their circumstances. 

Today in the post I received a £100 voucher for a lovely local butchers. I still feel a bit bad taking it but cancer is an expensive business and this will go a long way. Thank you The Gillian Adams Angel Foundation! Xx
#livingwith

No comments:

Post a Comment