Followers

Sunday 17 March 2019

Freckles

Since childhood I’ve had a smattering of freckles across my cheeks and nose. As I kid I hated them....... no amount of calling them ‘angel’s kisses’ could fool me into believing they were cute!! As I got older I just got used to them. I’m Scottish. Like the Irish, we often stereotypically have freckles. It’s in our genes. Also true to my Scottish genes, I have milk bottle white skin in the winter months..... and sometimes in the summer months too, depending on the Northern Irish weather! 

Last weekend we were in Dublin. Although there was a cold breeze and some winter showers, it was very pleasant in the sun. We spent sporadic, short periods, basking in this Spring sunshine; wrapped up against the wind in warm coats, gloves and hats, sitting on sheltered park benches, our faces turned up to the sun, drinking it in. 

On our return home, after a few days I noticed my white winter face was starting to see a few freckles. Probably for the first time ever I realised how healthy they looked. A face that has been touched by the sun. Very far from a tan, but a slight brightening of a previous pallor. Over the past few days others have mentioned what they’ve described as “a brightness” and I’ve enjoyed lots of compliments about how much better I’m looking. How lovely! Spring is springing and I’m ready to embrace it. 

Winter is coming?? No way!! Winter is going and I’m glad to see the back of it!
Living with...... xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment