Followers

Friday 21 June 2019

Summer’s here!

Welcome to summer!! Today is the longest day of the year and what better way to celebrate it than an evening sea dip??

Earlier this afternoon I was in work, looking out at the sunshine and lamenting the fact that we will miss our sea swim on Sunday....... when hubby texted...... equally inspired by the good weather, he suggested a post work sea swim. 

I’ve always been a bit rubbish at doing things outside of routine. Sunday morning is for sea swimming...... and the thought of doing it on Friday evening seemed fun!

As soon as I got home I got myself into my swimsuit and waited for hubby..... He finishes later than me and it felt like the longest wait ever! Finally he walked through the door and in super fast time we had thrown towels into a bag and were ready to go.

We jumped in the car and headed to Portrush. Unlike on a Sunday morning, the Arcadia beach was deserted. There were a few people surfing off the East Strand, but the ‘ladies beach’ had nobody on it. We got in quickly and I was soon shrieking and laughing like a child who was in the sea for the first time! The conditions were amazing....... waves but not too big. Hubby doesn’t like to stay in too long but I was enjoying myself too much to get out too soon. I stayed in on my own, enjoying being gently lifted by the waves and laughing loudly to myself. It was so exhilarating. 

There were a few people on the path above the beach and I’m sure they wondered what this crazy woman was doing, being carried towards the beach by waves and then swimming gracelessly (nope, not a typo lol!) back out a bit further. It felt like rule breaking because there was no-one else there. Like skinny dipping but in a swimsuit.....!! I was squealing and laughing loudly at the sheer joy of it! 

I’d imagine the wedding party in the restaurant looking down to the beach we’re delighted to see me finally wade out of the water, looking I’d imagine more like a seal than Ursula Andress!! 

It’s not much of a rebellion but God it felt good :) These are the things that life is all about. On a natural high!



No comments:

Post a Comment