Followers

Sunday 23 June 2019

The bird in my attic!!

It seems somebody somewhere decided rumours of my death should be well and truly ass kicked....!! 

Yesterday morning hubby and I got up and did a few messages before arriving home to find a letter. Seeing the hospital mark on the envelope I thought it was an appointment. Turns out it was an update.......

My Oncologist is brilliant at sending reassuring letters after scans. He clearly understands the concept of scanxiety...... the build up to a scan and then the wait to see your Oncologist to find out the results and the anxiety this causes. He always takes a few minutes to dictate a letter about my results and gets it sent to me within a short period of time. The only risk with this practice is if a letter didn’t appear I’d know the news was bad and had to be given face to face...... fortunately, to date, this hasn’t happened to me. 

Yesterday’s letter was another example of why these letters rock!! 
“everything looks very settled”.....”no signs of a return”..... “all looks very quiet and settled” 
This is amazing news!! I can’t wait for my appointment so I can hear more! 

As always, I’m not naive. I’m not cured and I know there’s still a big beastly tumour in there. But there’s been a big beastly tumour in there for years...... we just didn’t know until it got angry. I know I can live a normal life with it because I did it for years and years. Learning to live a quieter life, making time for relaxation with family, friends and my ‘gurus’, can only help. Plus I’ve had treatment to get rid of the angry bit and, between it all, it’s worked!! 

Yeah sure there’s still something in there that shouldn’t be there, but now it’s like a bird that builds a nest in your attic. Sometimes you hear a tweet or a scratch, but generally you don’t really know it’s there. If it gets excited and flaps its wings then it might be uncomfortable, but it shouldn’t do that unless I do too much in the house and disturb it....... if I keep things quiet and gentle then we’ll just live together. For many years. Like normal folk. Sometimes it even enhances your life by singing and reminding you how lucky you are to have a bird living quietly in your attic but choosing not to peck at your insulation or crap on your joists lol!!

Dead?? I think not. Not by a long shot! Suck on that idle gossipers!

Living with (and kicking ass!)...... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment