Followers

Sunday 19 January 2020

Year 3

How did I mark my third seizureversary? Three years on from the grand mal seizure that led to the diagnosis of an incurable brain tumour...... that in turn led to two brain surgeries, radiotherapy and chemotherapy........ which in turn led to phenytoin toxicity that resulted in my family being told I had four days to live (the two year anniversary of which was last week). 

Momentous times. How did we mark it? In the best weekend ways possible. 
Eating pizza.
An evening watching Snow Patrol playing an intimate, acoustic gig. 
Brightening my dad’s day with a DAB radio tuned to Classic FM. 
Enjoying a Wine Bar lunch with my sister. 
Having an afternoon nap in preparation for a night in our favourite rock club watching the brilliant Quireboys with good friends.
 A family breakfast. 
A walk in the place I had walked twice in the week before life changed...... Downhill Forest. 
We even visited my favourite tree...... one of the largest Sitka spruces in Ireland...... I call her Rosie because there’s a whole lot of her. Angus is a bit smaller and located along the path from her. 

It’s been a huge three years. Full of massive adjustments in our lives. Big, serious stuff. But also massively rewarding and life affirming stuff. Joyous stuff. The stuff that helps you understand what life is all about. 

Next weekend brings less dramatic anniversaries...... my 23rd year married to the best man on this earth, and my sister’s birthday. 

Three years on and still going. Living with... xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment