Followers

Monday 30 December 2019

Immovable objects

2019 is nearly over. It’s been a big year, full of fun and achievements. I’d never have believed I’d have been to a garden party at Buckingham Palace, got my official Arcadia Bathing Club membership certificate for a year of sea swims, gone to gigs galore, raised thousands of pounds and appeared in a promotional video for Macmillan, and got my driving license back within a year. 

It’s been a great year and thankfully I’ve maintained stable scan results throughout. Cancer and I continue to live together in harmony. I’m trying not to annoy it and it seems to be returning the favour. Emotionally and physically it’s not always easy, but I’m definitely stronger than I have been since that initial grand mal seizure in the early hours of 20 January 2017.

20 January 2017....... hard to believe, huh?? Almost 3 years. I remain the luckiest unlucky girl in the world. Sometimes the years flying by terrifies me...... sometimes I remember it’s one step closer to the day this beast in my head loses its temper again..... but then I remind myself to flip that thought around. Nobody has ever given me a timescale. Nobody knows. The years are there for the taking and I plan on continuing to fill my glass. I still believe it’s not impossible for me to be the one that beats the unbeatable. What is it they say about immovable objects and irresistible forces??..... 

Truthfully, I didn’t know the answer to that riddle. Science was never a strong subject for me. I just had a quick google and it seems the answer is nothing..... when an immovable force meets an irresistible object absolutely nothing happens. I’ll not try to explain why but will happily accept this as an outcome. I’ll keep being the immovable object to cancer’s irresistible force and things will stay as they are. If I’m really fortunate I might even become the immovable object that engulfs the irresistible force and stops it for good. Who knows?? 

What I do know is that I am stronger and happier. My life has changed but generally in good ways. 2020 looks set to continue in that positive vein...... there are lots of happy times on the horizon and I can’t wait to get stuck into another year of #livingwith...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment