Followers

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Singing, working, talking, winning

I’ve been busy! After a bit of a slump as I started focussing on getting rid of the steroid medication, I’ve hopefully started to break through to get past. In the past 2 days I reckon I’ve lost a stone in weight (which appears to be fluid, mostly from my feet and knees!) I’m undoubtedly much more tired than I was and I’ve had headaches and joint pains. But I knew it’d be short term pain for long term gain, so I’ve gently pushed through and kept my eyes on the prize. That prize for me will be taking my last steroid on 7th September (all things remaining equal). It feels like another line in the sand. Another victory. Another step forward.

I’ve been singing in a Well-being choir and just singing in general.

The TEDxTalk I delivered at work has just been uploaded onto our internal intranet. My accent is broader than I could ever have imagined and my jokes need some work..... but I’m glad I did it. Another challenge faced.

I’m still delighted about my last scan results and remain positive that I can keep this thing at bay for many years. I simply refuse to lie down to it. Although I am definitely not pushing myself too hard..... everything is done in an unpressured way and at a slow pace. It’s all about doing enough to keep me busy and give my life purpose, but learning the lessons from past mistakes. I don’t push myself too hard and I make sure my priorities are right. Family and friends first. 

I’m negotiating with Macmillan to sort out what tangible outcomes we can give from the money everyone so generously donated. I’ll report back as soon as I get it all sorted out. 

I’m loving being back at work and am excited about being awarded my BEM at Hillsborough in a few months time. I’ve even booked a hotel for the night as a treat for hubby and I. We priced all the poshest places, but old habits die hard..... plus you can’t accept a “working class gong” and then swan into a fancy hotel. Good old Premier Inn for us..... £39 well spent!! Perfect. 

I’ll keep singing, however badly. One foot in front of the other. Good enough! Xx





2 comments:

  1. Hi Tricia watched your video and I must say I laughed at your jokes and wondered why no one else did, perhaps they were afraid to laugh, not me though I truly get your sense of humour. Enjoy Hillsborough and the Premier Inn well worth the extortionate prices they are charging lol 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m only seeing this comment now so apologies for not responding sooner! I’m glad you share the humour.... the intention was never to upset anyone. Very far from it! I was a bit concerned after that I’d done that. The message was supposed to be one of hope, friendships and support, determination and learning lessons. I’m glad you got it anonymous person! Xx

    ReplyDelete