Followers

Thursday 28 June 2018

Hot & bothered

It’s hot. Damn hot. 

I hate that I’ve become someone who complains about the weather. But I’m hot. Too hot. I’ve felt unwell since the end of last week. I’d put it down to the steroid reductions and I still think that’s probably part of it. As the temperature has risen, I’ve felt steadily worse. My ear is sore, I’m snuffly, I’m exhausted and just generally feeling off colour. Yesterday evening I ended up lying on top of my bed at 7pm, curtains and blinds drawn, with an ice pack on my feet, watching a programme about Scottish Islands. Like an 80 year old! Today I went to work but really didn’t feel well at all.

I have theories...... I had blood taken this morning, I may have an ear / sinus infection starting to creep in, I walked back to work in 30 degree heat and was later than usual eating my lunch. Which might explain why I got a little dizzy. I’ll admit to a mild panic..... the last time I got an infection I ended up back in A&E. This time I’m pretty content all will be ok as long as I’m careful. My bloods were being done today anyway so I’m being well looked after by my GP surgery. 

Now that I’m sensible and don’t take chances, I’ve taken tomorrow off and plan to rest up over a long weekend. I’m not taking any chances. It’s stupid and it’s selfish to the people left to pick up the pieces if I overdo things. Of course, as soon as I decided this and had some food, I started to feel better...... so I could very well be being over cautious in this instance. So be it. I’m erring on the side of caution. I actually managed to achieve loads in work today anyway (helped by a very early start) so I’m happy I’m doing the right and sensible thing by taking an extra day off.

I’m pushing on with the steroid reductions though. Monday will see me down to just 2.5mg...... at last, the end feels really in sight!! Even if the reductions are what is making me feel bad, I’ve decided it’s better to feel truly awful for a short period of time than to feel mildly awful for an extended period. Let’s just get this done. With all the bad stuff there is also good....... my feet are almost normal sized again most of the time, I’m not quite as obsessive about lists and planning, I’m sleeping better at night. 

It’s great that I’m such a naturally patient and easy going person..... little blips don’t cause me any concerns and I’m excellent at slowing down....... Haha!! I’m learning! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment