Followers

Saturday 20 October 2018

And Dexy’s special prize......

Now that we’ve split up Dexy rewarded me with a special prize...... a trip to A&E. Sad face. 

The mad face rash didn’t improve and then I woke up in the early hours of this morning with sharp pains across the top of my back and down my arm. Combine that with a pounding heart, tightness across my chest, and mild tremors and you can possibly understand why I began to panic I might be on the verge of a heart attack. 

I tried to breathe deeply but that caused pain too. I tried to get comfortable and go back to sleep but I kept getting the sharp pains when I moved the wrong way. The only way to stop it was to lie in a position it would’ve been completely impossible to sleep in.

I tried my best but by the time 6am came I was in agony, exhausted, and terrified. Hubby woke up and, between sobs, I told him what was going on. We rang Doctor on Call and were told to go to A&E as it was the only place that could do the necessary tests etc. So off we went.......

We were in the hospital until midday today. If there’s one thing you should remember it’s that it’s fine to walk into hospital in your pyjamas and dressing gown in the early hours of the morning......... but it’s slightly more embarrassing when you have to leave that way in the middle of the day. I hadn’t even brushed my hair (though I did brush my teeth before I left the house!) Of course I met someone I know and haven’t seen for years, though thankfully she’s very nice and had also read the article in the local paper so knew what was going on with me.

Thankfully I wasn’t having a heart attack and all the necessary checks were done. The doctor believes it’s Dexy’s final revenge. Steroids can lead to muscle damage and there’s signs of that, although hopefully it’ll rectify itself through time. He also suggested I may have drug induced lupus which would account for the rash on my face, but he’s not sure. Interestingly one of the drugs that’s known to cause it is the one that almost killed me in January....... and apparently (according to Dr Google) it can take up to 2 years to manifest..... hmmm...... 

Hopefully I’ll get some answers from my GP and/or neurology and oncologist; all of whom I have appointments with this week. 

Most disappointingly I missed a Qi-gong and meditation workshop I’d signed up to do today, and won’t be able to sea swim tomorrow. On the bright side, I appear to have dodged another bullet the medications seem to keep trying to hit me with. I’m home. I’m exhausted, I’m still very sore and my face still looks like I’ve the measles, but I’m home and I’m ok.

Dexy can get lost. He doesn’t like me and I don’t like him. We’re not destined to be together. I’m resting and working on getting over the break up. But I’m not going back. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment