Followers

Monday 16 July 2018

Storms, seas and families

There is research that shows being at the seaside is good for your wellbeing. I am definitely sold! I’ve struggled a bit this week due to Tropical Storm Chris bringing heavy weather (and a heavy head for me), plus another steroid drop. 

Yesterday I was feeling bad when I got up. The sky was grey, it was raining and I was tired, dizzy and miserable. Sunday is sea bathing day though....... hubby agreed to get in with me this week, and even my dad and his partner were coming down to watch and have breakfast with us afterwards. 

It was a slightly different experience yesterday. The sea was a bit choppier and I thought colder. Maybe it was just me that was colder because there was no sun shining down on me this week. I knew I’d feel good when I got in and, sure enough, it was as exhilarating as it was last week. Getting out after my half hour and having to get dressed in the rain wasn’t as much fun, but hubby helped and I was rewarded with a breakfast bap and the company of family and friends. Then we walked in the pouring rain and got ice creams. I am becoming quite the master at eating a 99 without spilling a drop, even in the pouring rain. The ice cream van man knows my order before I speak....... my very own version of Cheers! 

This morning I’ve awoken to sunny skies. My head is still a bit cloudy as I move through getting rid of these dirty steroids, but I’m up and in work and ready for the week ahead. Let’s do this! If anything is going to beat this it’s determination, family, friends, hopefully making a small difference to the world and sea bathing. Not a bad old life xx

“Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul fly.”
Van Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment