Followers

Saturday 28 July 2018

Fattypuffs and Thinifers

It’s well seeing my mother was a librarian..... While on today’s boat trip I had an image flash into my head of two boats. One was the one that skinny people went on because it rolled backwards and forwards. The other was the one the chubby people went on because it rolled from side to side. Going on the right boat stopped you from being sick.....

It’s taken me all evening and much googling to remind myself of the books name. Our mum died when I was 5 years old...... yet it seems she was reading us 1930s French children’s books during our formative years. Another memory that popped back at the strangest of times. Isn’t the brain amazing?? 

“Two Surface-dwellers. Two! He's a Fattypuff and you're a Thinifer. There's no doubt about it!”
Andre Maurois

No comments:

Post a Comment