Followers

Saturday 25 August 2018

Fundraising, laughter and sunflowers

So what’s been happening?? Well, I was working Monday to Thursday so I haven’t had a huge amount of time for fun. Although thankfully I still enjoy my job and have great colleagues, it’s still true that some days ‘work is hard work’..... 

Truthfully it’s been a tough enough week. The steroid reduction (down to just 0.5mcg from tomorrow!) brings all sorts of odd side effects, not least tiredness and some mood dips. Thankfully family, friends and work colleagues are always on hand to lift my spirits and make me laugh over something or other. 

I also made a big step forward with sorting out all the money raised from our fundraising activities. The final amount is almost £9,000 and I’m getting ready to officially hand over a ‘big cheque’ on Monday 3rd September. Then I’ll be able to tell you all what we’re doing with it. Tangible outcomes. Watch this space.......

Physically my joints are sore at the moment, and I get very tired. The weather doesn’t help...... I’m like a human barometer, so low pressure and my brain do not get on....... It seems to be that a low pressure front hitting a high one has the biggest impact; causing me headaches, a mood drop and even an increase in general dopiness. Stormy weather is not a brain tumour patient’s friend. Plus it’s going to make my Sunday Sea Bathe somewhat less pleasurable..... 

Having said all that, I’m refusing to let it stop me. I can’t change the weather and I know I have to be careful, but I can help keep my own mood up. Here’s how I’ve done it this week -
  • Music - I start my days with some upbeat music while I get ready.
  • No pressure - I’ve been deep breathing and not being dragged into anything negative or high pressure.
  • Reading - I’ve been going to bed early with good books.
  • Laughs - I’ve been honest with those around me and they’ve helped keep me buoyant. As ever, the shining stars keep glittering all around me.
  • Hugs - It’s amazing the difference a good hug can make to a crap day. 
  • Sunflowers and wildflowers - Hubby took me to see a beautiful field of sunflowers and wildflowers yesterday. Yet again I’m reminded of the beauty all around us.





To top things off, I’m now heading into a very exciting time..... my sister and brother in law are coming over for a couple of days, and September sees the end of the steroids, a few gigs, a couple of nights away, the handing over of the charity money, and my BEM investiture ceremony! 

The future looks exciting!! I’ve been in the wildflowers, I’ve been in a boat out at sea. I’m 
#livingwith xx

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea”
Wildflowers by Tom Petty

No comments:

Post a Comment