Followers

Tuesday 11 September 2018

Geeky and ridiculous.....

My local paper picked up on the Macmillan cheque handover and asked to do a feature. A good way of raising awareness of Macmillan services and hopefully giving some hope to others. Also great to be able to give credit to those around me. 

The paper came out today. It’s impossible not to feel a bit wick...... I refer to the number of hits on this blog as ‘ridiculous’ and even call myself ‘geeky’...... True, but perhaps not for admitting in an interview!

I’m also a bit adverse to the use of the word ‘traumatic’. It’s a bit like ‘suffering’..... I’m not ‘suffering from’, I'm ‘living with’. There have been traumatic times, and will no continue to be, but there have also been some wonderful, life affirming times.

Anyway, as I cringe a bit, I am also happy. Hopefully some of what I’ve said will resonate with others. And most of all, hopefully family, friends, colleagues, Macmillan and Causeway Hospital doctors and nurses will read it and know how much I appreciate them, and also see how their kindness and generosity will help local cancer patients. 

“Tricia’s Traumatic Journey”..... available on Disney dvd from September...... haha xx





No comments:

Post a Comment