Followers

Sunday 10 September 2017

A mission.....

Chemo is tiring...... there's no doubt...... The initial increase in steroids leads to sleepless nights, on top of a heavy fatigue that's hard to shake. I'm a few days in now and feeling generally pretty bad, but not as bad as you might expect. Now I'm tired and I have a thumping headache.

Earlier I decided a walk in Downhill would be nice. We set off and happened to see the lady who often walks around where I live. It was raining so we stopped to offer her a lift, before inviting her to join us on our forest walk. A quick stop for a raincoat and we were on our way. So hubby and I had a lovely walk around the forest with a new friend, and I think we all benefitted from it. I showed her 'my tree'...... the fattest Sitka Spruce in Ireland and we laughed when I remembered I had written in my wee story that it'd take at least 3 people to circle it....... At least 3???? Easily half a  dozen!!! When I came home I looked it up out of interest, to see what width it actually is. I am horrified to see that the only information online about the tree dates back to the 1960s! In 1962 the girth was around 6m.

So now I have a mission........ to measure my tree!! I know what I'm doing next weekend.........!

No comments:

Post a Comment