Followers

Wednesday 25 October 2017

You can’t hurry.....

Love. 
Phil Collins told me that when I was only a kid. And I believe The Supremes told him......

You can’t hurry chemo either. With good reason. Doesn’t make it any more frustrating unfortunately! Yesterday I got a phone call to ask why I hadn’t attended clinic..... erm....... because I got a phone call, telling me my bloods weren’t good enough for chemo?....... Then I was told that regardless of my test results next week, I still wouldn’t get chemo because my doctor is off on leave.......... 

I know Health is hugely underfunded, and it’s especially difficult at the moment with no local Ministers. I’ve watched nurses and doctors run off their feet, and would never suggest for a moment that they shouldn’t be able to get their holidays. This entry isn’t a slap at hard working people doing an impossible job. 

But I t’d be remiss of me not to give the patients side however. My family and I are dealing with an awful time. I have friends going through it with us too. Unavoidable delays make it worse and more stressful. Mistakes because a file hasn’t been read properly, or a message passed on, make it worse. Avoidable delays because no-one else can clear me for take off, make it worse again. It’s frustrating and it’s more stressful than it should needto be.

This, it seems, is the world of chemo. A world of set backs and frustration. Not to mention the feeling like shit. Yet, given the choice again, would I do it?  Yes, if the experts recommended it then yes, I would. In for a penny..... Its not an easy road for me or anyone close to me, but when you commit to s course of action then you follow through...... 

The most important things in life are not to be rushed. So after my initial upset, and my admittedly probably still stress and slight bad mood (sorry to anyone who’s had brunt!), I will settle down for another chemo holiday. Two weeks makes no difference long term. Slow and steady, the tortoise will win the race eventually.....a wee short cut would be nice though......Xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment