Followers

Sunday 27 May 2018

Not giving up living to live

The classic NASA Assassin number..... “I’m not giving up living to live!” pretty much sums things up.......

What a day, what a night?!! The wedding was perfect. My sister was beautiful, everything went to plan, and the bride and groom pulled it out of the bag with an amazing groom speech and a surprise first dance that will no doubt go viral on YouTube later on today! 

I had everything all planned out perfectly to make sure I got down the road to the charity Triciafest gig after. Everyone knew where they had to be...,. I had my son ready as my Taxi. There was even a spreadsheet!....... which I deviated from....... resulting in 6 of us getting stuck at the Tullyglass Hotel and arriving 2 hours late for my own gig. What a numpty!! But, seriously, what is with the lack of taxis in ballymena on a Saturday night??? It was early! I know the footie was on, but....... 

2 hours late I may have been, but what a night??! Fantastic turn out and a smile on every face! We sang, we danced, we laughed and we raised a small fortune for Macmillan. I will report full amounts in the next few days, once we get it all counted up and put through the Just Giving account. 

Yet again I cannot thank those involved enough. The bands, Derwin and team at the Club, the auction/raffle prize donators, family, friends and everyone who turned up and rocked out. I know who the decent people of this world are and I am honoured to have helped facilitate the raising of a serious amount of money to help local cancer patients and their families.

I am currently lying in a four poster bed in a swanky hotel, wondering if hubby is ever going to wake up and take me for breakfast! I’m starving!! I am a bit tired, having climbed into bed after 2am, but I am happy and physically don’t feel much different to usual tbh..... I’ve a week for rest and recouperation. Not to mention Macmillan money counting and ideas hatching. I’ll report back as soon as I can xxx

“In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it's wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.”
Elizabeth Gilbert

1 comment:

  1. To one of the most loveliest family groups - what a wonderful day! To Vicky and Andy - wishing you both all the very best indeed for a most blessed marriage.
    To my #believe friend, I love you, and well done for organising a fab day! Xxx

    ReplyDelete