Followers

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Chemo vs tequila

As an adult I've rarely been sick..... it seems I wait and do it in style! Actually throwing up sick is a rare occurrence in this house. Thankfully! In fact I can't think of the last time I threw up that wasn't alcohol induced...... until last night...... It seems anti sickness medication will only take you so far! 

I used to always say "there's nothing worse than throwing up. You always think you're dying!" This isn't true. When you really know what it feels like to be faced with death, you realise a quick, quite polite boak, is really actually fine. I woke just before 1am and it was never going to go any other way..... I took an anti sickness tablet, but then no doubt threw it up again a short time later. 

Again, at the risk of sounding stupidly positive...... I've genuinely had far worse from tequila! This wasn't a room spinning, stumbling about, hanging into the toilet..... this was more of a polite, 'that lasagne from earlier has to go', into a lovely shiny new basin that had been purchased to provide some comfort and security. I was fit enough to clean it afterwards, and used a bit of deep breathing to get myself back to sleep until the 6.20 alarm. 

It could've been far worse. I still feel fragile and suspect I may have a but of a 'bed and basin'  kind of day...... but at least I don't have to suffer the flashbacks of bad dancing and allowing myself to be pulled up on stage to sing "Edge of 17" with the band! (Years later I still hold onto the nickname of #6, for becoming the sixth member of a five member band... Great local  band called NASA Assassin...... check them out if you like rock with a bit of quirky fusion! Plenty of YouTube footage, though I recommend a live experience to totally 'get it'!) 

So if I was comparing chemo to tequila, I'd say tequila is the more evil of the two. It causes you to think you can dance and sing, removing inhibitions that are there for a reason, and then rewards you with a night of toilet hanging. Chemo, however, is hugely unpleasant to receive and may result in a polite, early hours of the morning, 'rejection'. Tequila will make you laugh in the short term but cry on the long term...... Chemo will hopefully do the opposite. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment