Followers

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Hard diary dates

Some people just want the hard dates...... here's the bizarre routine of major brain surgeries 😉
  • 15.02.2016 - Meeting with Speech Therapist and Physio in preparation for 'awake surgery'. This is to build relationships. They'll be the ones I'll be talking to while having surgery wide awake. They need to know my normal speech patterns etc so they can assess me. I need to be comfortable with them. 
  • 16.02.2016 - Heart echo being done. I have a heart murmur..... I've known about it for years but it's never caused problems. Many people have them. It's being checked just so there's no surprises. Routine, no hassles, makes sense.
  • 21.02.2016 - Admission for 'asleep surgery'. Hopefully.... assuming there's a bed! An emergency car accident could bump me. They want me in the day before to help with stress levels and also because I live pretty far away from the hospital. Can't be late for brain surgery..... kind of rude! Though in my experience it's the Belfast wans who're always late for such things...... I used to get into work by 07.30am from 60 miles away. Colleagues from the city struggled to get there for 09.30!
  • 22.02.2016 - Planned brain surgery. Going for some of the sponge. 
  • 01.03.2017 - planned 'awake surgery'. Looking at the peas.
  • 03.03.2017 - If it's all worked out then I could be home! Seriously. 
  • 08.03.2017 (approx) - Pathology reports from awake surgery tissue samples. Learning a bit more about the angry peas. 

3 comments:

  1. Brain surgery or not, criticising us City folk is a step too far ;-)

    Keep typing; keep trusting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on time for every, single appointment to date. Nothing short of fluke if I'm honest! Still more likely to get there early than you City Folk..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not the City folk you need to worry about Trish-you'll be amongst the Royals!!

    ReplyDelete