Followers

Tuesday 14 February 2017

What people have done......


What have you done??  EVERYTHING!  Kept me alive and continue to keep me alive. 

In general;

  • Practical help - Food, visitors, appointments.  All the stuff that needs done over a extended period of time.

  • Dark humour - It works.  Trust me.  I will never compromise anyone's name, but I may share some sanitised examples.  Some of you are just damned funny!  It has helped me through times of fear and confusion.  And continues to make me smile on a daily basis.

  • 'Positivity blasts' - These have been a revelation for me.  I have particularly discovered the power of a good selfie.  Again, I will never share yours, but I may describe some.  These are personal but have been amazing.  I do have to say that my personal favourites have become the 'selfie with dog'.  These are where people have sent me photos of themselves with a dog.  Sometimes it is their dog, sometimes it's someone else's dog, sometimes it's MY dog!  I am now actively encouraging the third type.  If you can sneak a selfie with my dog and send it to me later on then you will make my evening, beyond a shadow of a doubt.  I have no idea why.  It doesn't matter.  It works.

  • Outpourings of emotion, no questions asked.  I was never a 'crier'.  I would have seen this as weak.  Now I can break down in public and bring a host of strangers with me.  I literally sobbed in a corridor in a busy hospital last week.  Sitting on the floor, causing an obstruction, in my husband's arms.  I am sure I upset people.  I didn't mean to.  It was awful.  But it was needed and was a huge turning point for me afterwards.  Some of my friends had been advocating the healing power of tears to me for years.  Now I'm all for it and am grateful to those who have allowed me the space to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment