Followers

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Ready for surgery.......

I am safely camped in RVH. In a nice, calm Ward. With a group of lovely, positive people. Each has their own story but each is as surrounded by positivity as I have been.
I am wrapped in my blanket of love and am completely relaxed.
I had another MRI scan earlier. It was like being in a spa! Honestly the most relaxed I've been for over a month. You want me to lie back, with ear defenders on, close my eyes, relax and listen to Ed Sheeran?? No problem at all! Easiest thing I've had to do yet. I was a model patient.

Good news is that the results were exactly the same as my originals. So although all the tumour crap is still there (both 'spongy' and 'angry peas'), it hasn't changed. Treatment plan remains the same. Short of some sort of medical miracle, I'm happy with 'unchanged'! No more aggressive than it all was before. Still everything to play for.

Surgeon has had a good chat. Remains confident and directive with me, whilst also humble and unwilling to take any chances. A perfect mix. I trust her.

The biggest risks as this stage remain the normal surgical risks - infection etc. These have been mitigated to the best of everyone's ability. There is also some risk of memory gaps again. Well, guess what? I've had that and I've dealt with it. In a month....... fairly impressively i think, if I do say so myself! Plus I've written it all up in last night's blog, so I can remind myself if it happens again. Reassurance for myself and for my Support Team. My brain will relearn the pathways...... just give it time and don't pressure myself.

So I am ready. Surgery is scheduled for 09.30am. May be later, may take until lunchtime. I'll be asleep so unlikely to know the outcome until Thursday I'd think.

I am going in conpletely relaxed. I'm going in completely confident.
Next stage of the journey starts in the morning xxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment