Followers

Thursday 16 February 2017

Update from today's appointments


Another big step forward again today........  more comfort from the 'routine appointments' ahead of all the 'routine brain surgery'!  More confirmation that this is the day job for many and a reminder to get over myself and put things into perspective.

So today was a heart echo.  I've known I had a murmur since I was about 18.  Very common, loads of people have them, has never caused any issues, unlikely to be any different now.  I had an ECG done last week and the echo was just another pre-surgery check.  All good to get done as it shows they are being thorough, prevents any unnecessary surprises, and I should actually be very grateful for the full MOT!

For those who are interested, it's a totally non-invasive procedure.  Kind of like an ultrasound of your neck, stomach and boob!  Results will be sent to the anaesthetist ahead of surgery.  I could hear it and had a sneaky look at the screen.....  I reckon it's spot on, although apparently I'm not qualified....... Gave the girl a laugh though.

Young Fin took me up to the City Hospital for it.  He was nothing short of perfect!  We had to drive up at 45mph (still on his 'R' plates).  This suits me very well, as I still find myself sometimes having mildly dark thoughts creeping in.....  really silly I know, and I'm managing it well now along with you guys and family support, but it can still come over me.  I find that a refusal to stress about anything, taking our time, and just generally keeping thoughts positive make my day-to-day far more normal and are lifting a lot of the brain fog.

In terms of my 'mild drunkness', again it's improved today.  My mind is still not as sharp as I'd like, but it's so much better than it has been.  I was able to be out in public with Fin and not feel like everyone was looking at me.  Honestly, I'm still not really choosing 'public'......  I don't mind a short walk near my own home if someone is with me, but I am still not really interested in seeing anyone outside my circle of people I'm comfortable with.  The big difference the past few days is that I know I can do it.....  I just choose not to for extended periods.  Small steps, but all showing I can function in the real world.  I'm not pushing myself in terms of time.  I'm confident it's something I'll continue to improve daily.

A pretty much a perfect day with Fin.  Slow, relaxed journey.  Arrived perfectly on time.  No stress.  And some real, quality time with my boy.  I've always said he was the most amazing child ever created.  I've never really taken any credit....  Big Man and I are dead on, but Fin has always been far greater the sum of any of our parts!  Just proved it further today.  Not that I needed reminding anyway.  Just lovely to get time with him. 

A healthy, happy, positive day.  Spent in the best company a girl could ever ask for. 
Yep, still winning!!

1 comment:

  1. Seen the LinkedIn post. Had no idea, says you what's new!! Read your blog, it's inspirational... keith g

    ReplyDelete