Followers

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Who am I?



Who am I?



HOME


I am Trish, the 41 year old wife and mother.  I have been married to my husband, we’ll call him ‘Big Man’ for 20 years.  We have an 18 year old son, Fin. 


We have a good relationship.  We are different but share time together and live a happy life.  We are friends, a team.


Our passion is live music.  We are rockers!  We spend pretty much all our available time and money on gigs.  This ranges from local, small venues, through to large UK wide arena acts.  Think Metallica and Green Day, but also Dan Baird and Homemade Sin and Clutch, through to Trucker Diablo and Triggerman.  A mix.  Google them if you have a music interest.



WORK

In contrast to my home life, I am a Civil Servant.  I work as a Support Staff Member for the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI). 


For the past 18 months I have run an office, dealing with correspondence and relationship building, both internally and externally. 

Prior to this I spent 10 years writing strategic, analytical reports on organised crime issues, again on behalf of PSNI.  This could be about the NI Drugs Market, emerging issues like Cyber Crime.  Anything with an organised crime aspect really.  If you are interested then look up the Organised Crime Task Force Threat Assessments – all publicly available, all partially written by me over the past 10 year period.  Not hugely exciting to some, but important in gaining understanding of the NI criminal marketplace. 

I am comfortable with this information being revealed because my roles have both been fairly public ones.  I do not deal in dark, secret information…..  I am a relationship builder and a ‘researcher’.  We are in an era of community based policing and I am comfortable with my role in that.  I want to gather information, share and collaborate. 


Whilst I understand any role in policing can attract ‘interest’ from those opposed to moving our country forward, I am also clear that I am ‘not your girl’.  I am not an asset to any perceived cause, I do not hold information that will help, and neither am I a potential compromise to PSNI.  I am a Civil Servant who runs an office.  I am a writer of reports and a sharer of ‘interesting research’.  Fairly dull really!

Just to be totally clear, this blog has nothing to do with work. It’s nothing to do with the organisation that employ me. Any opinions that happen to pop out, belong to me, myself and I.  



5 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful,absolutely love reading the blog, you are one amazing woman xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers with you and the Family Trish. Hopefully see you at a gig soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome and very emotive blog 😚❤ Stay strong Trish Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about Nightwish, Queen or Dire Straits? Oh, I have just realised such big mistake I have done letting you sleep during those nights in hospital... We would have a lot to talk about rock music, maybe even listen some... :-)
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lucia, I fear you may be horrified by my more recent entry about music........ although I'm moving back into 80s hair metal so it's going the right direction!! Anything fun really!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete