Followers

Monday 20 February 2017

Overwhelming love...... a literal blanket of love

Tomorrow morning I am due at RVH at 10.30 for a scan.  There will follow a load of pre-surgery checks etc. Hopefully I will get my bed late evening. Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, though times are fluid.
I've tried to set up a network of communications so people will get a wee post-surgery update, however it's far from foolproof. Grapevine may be best! And remember that no news may well be good news.
I am going into surgery 100% confident. I believe this is simply the next stage of my journey. Genuinely believe that. I'm not scared. I'm keen to get it done and to move onto the next phase.
And if ever you wanted proof that I am surrounded by the most amazing people in the entire world....... members of myclose friends and family this evening sent me a blanket. They each made a bit and then stitched it together. A literal blanket of love. I have never been more overwhelmed in my entire life. Anyone on earth who tries to tell me I'm not the luckiest person ever born should check themselves for a brain tumour!! I have been surrounded by love since this started. It just keeps getting stronger.
I am excited at the prospect of waking up with that blanket of love snuggled around me.
Every last person who has supported me has been incredible. In so many different ways, but all positive.
If ever you needed reminded of the goodness of people, then remember this story. Remember the overwhelming support. The positivity Blasts, the learning to redo routine tasks, the learning to release emotions. Remenmber the literal blanket of love.
I'll let you all know the craic, but expect an updated journey stage on Wednesday.
I genuinely love every last one of you.
Overwhelmed.
❤❤❤

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tricia
    Needless to say we're all rooting for you and will be sending positive vibes through the ether tomorrow from our desks.
    Lots of love
    Debbie McCulloch xxx

    ReplyDelete