Followers

Friday 12 May 2017

3 week marker!!

That's it..... 3 weeks in! I'll confess it's not actually 50% day..... I forgot about May Day.... So I'm choosing to celebrate twice.... today as end of week 3 day and Monday as 50% day!! The weekend brings a shorter hair cut and possibly a bit of hat shopping. My first entry/exit wound made itself apparent this morning....... right at my hairline, adjacent to my scar....... It's not awful. I don't look at it and cry....... in fact I'm quite relieved it's made itself known. That's that over with. I know I've another 3 to find and I doubt it'll take long, given the amount that's falling out, but then they'll just be there and probably not even in my line of sight...... I don't spend much time posing in front of a mirror these days! Time for all that later. 

My journey up today was good - the ambulance care attendant is a lady I adore! Friendly, happy and naturally caring. She's definitely in the right job. I was greatly entertained to find out her hubby drives the school bus I often jump out of the front door for in the mornings......it sounds much the same as the ambulance, though my dog knows the difference!!

Treatment went as quickly as ever and I had lovely chats with some of my new friends. In another inexplicable moment, a couple started a conversation with me and we were discussing positive attitudes. We were all saying how we watch a lot of comedy. The man said how much he liked Billy Connolly..... that made me smile because aul Billy had a fair run from me too! I then said 'Have you tried......' He finished my sentence 'The Kevin boy? Yes, I love him too!'....... Kevin Bridges......... two comedians I used to watch on YouTube every morning when I was going through a rough patch post surgery and trying to find a routine to my day...... I told them that and then said "Well this is clearly why we ended up sitting together today then!" I genuinely meant it. I've honestly run out of examples of serendipity...... there are so many! 

My lovely physio had me walking on a treadmill and doing a bit of cycling today too..... before rewarding me with a massage. There are so many wonderful people in that Centre. Warm, genuine people, who make the journey so much easier.  Both staff and other patients. Seems I'm even more of a people person than I realised........ that's what it's been all about for me. People are what helps me more than anything! 

Monday brings a lovely night in a hotel with my sister. No travelling, sister time, and I'm also planning to see a few others while I'm there. There are couple of former wardmates in particular that I'm keen to get to see if I can.  Tuesday also brings a follow up with my surgeon...... it'll actually be quite nice to see her! An amazingly bright person, who hasn't lost her human side. Xxx

1 comment:

  1. The balaclava look would be a change of direction! I'd like to see that one 😎

    ReplyDelete