Followers

Sunday 28 May 2017

Tree hugging.....

A new level of tired has set in this weekend. Just keeping my eyes open is a challenge..... which brings a myriad of other things to be careful of....... I have to be very careful my mood doesn't dip, I constantly feel really nauseous, I can't really see properly...... Given half a chance I think I'd quite happily just lie in my bed all day. This, thankfully, is not an option. A strict diet and medication regime means I can't go to sleep until after 8pm, and I have to be up at 7am. Hubby sticks to the early mornings with me...... which is pretty decent of him, considering it's his weekend and he works all week! He knows I have to be up so he gets up too. He knows I'm going to need fresh air so he drives me to places for walks. We've even managed town yesterday and today...... I'd stuff I needed to get...... Amazon doesn't everything you know..... though it very nearly does!! I run a real risk of being very broke, very quick, if I keep buying books and other stuff I'm unlikely to ever look at for myself and presents for others. 

On yesterday's walk in one of my favourite forests we hugged a tree...... actually we hugged two different trees. I thoroughly recommend this!! There's something about feeling the bark against your face and breathing in the smell of a big, old tree that is really quite lovely! I'm tempted to start running wellbeing classes in which everyone learns how to breathe, visual imagery, what books to read (I recommend the Dalai Lamas How toPractice  a Meaningful Life, The Things you only See When your World Slows Down and Chicken Soup for the Soul) and the joy of hugging a tree!  I also recommend La La Land as an easy watched, happy, quiet film...... perfect for not overstimulating but giving thatvfeel good factor. 

Just 5 more radio treatments to go and I'm very glad of that. While I joke about forest walks and deep breathing, the fact is that I'm completely exhausted and am very much looking forward to trying to progress each day.  Ive never been someone who'd have lain down to things, and even when I was tempted, friends and family gave me a kick! It does take huge effort though...... thankfully I genuinely feel better when I get fresh air, so I use that as my motivation to get out for walks. Radio has been harder for me than the surgeries. Once surgery is done then it's done and each day after is progress. Radio works in reverse. As the weeks go on you feel worse. But I know I'm playing the long game and that this is just the way it is. Plus I'll genuinely miss some of my radio buddies. So if you or someone you love is going through something similar then make sure they remember how good it is to stand in nature and breathe in fresh air. How much better they'll feel as a result. The effort is completely worth it for the reward. Oh and remember to hug a tree..... go on...... give it a go!! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment