Followers

Thursday 4 May 2017

People power......

Last night I'd got myself into a bit of a fizz.... not good for me. I wasn't too bad but it did affect my sleep a bit. A few worry wake ups though thankfully no full blown anxiety. A lady from a Marie Curie was at the end of a phone and helped bring me down a bit. She's been great. A friendly shoulder. My new mindful state is definitely making things a lot easier for me too. I still have a few blips, but I'm so much more relaxed than I have been. I can recognise the blips now too and am far better able to work my way through them.
Today was actually quite a pleasant day, all things considered! 
It started with the usual messages from friends and my sister. One was of complete reassurance and belief in me from a girl who has become a real shining light! Another was a photo of a gorgeous sunset sent by another shining light. My sister always makes me smile, with her excitement about 'who'll be on the bus today??' My 'girlies' whatsapp group too - everyone woken at 7am by random tales of illness, house moves and crazy dogs! Then I received a funny story from a dear colleague and friend. A lovely person who always makes me smile and never fails to build me up. His message made me laugh out loud on the way up the road. Stars. Every one of you.
I got transport up for treatment again and was greeted by another lovely Ambulance Care Attendant..... full of fun and plenty of chat. We even ended up having a quick cuppa together whilst waiting for another passenger to finish up. I enjoyed her company.
When I went into the waiting room I saw a girl I've seen most days, along with her husband. She always wears lovely hats. Today's was a red straw sun hat, with a big bow at the back. I complimented her on it as it was very pretty and ended up speaking to her and her husband. A lovely couple. Going through worse than me but staying positive and enjoying themselves as much as they can. I liked them and admired their ability to keep smiling....... and her ability to keep making an effort to look good....... she was most certainly not rocking the leisurewear like me!! I have a tendency to put my hood up...... although I have been wearing a summer hat when out for my walks now that the weather is so nice. This lady is hat shopping and I don't think she'd ever be putting a hood up...... she'd never be wearing s hoodie! I'm not sure I have any real intentions to start putting on jeans and doing my make up every day...... I've always been fairly content with my plain-ness and comfort is far more important to me at the current time. I want to be able to relax and be comfortable. I don't want fuss. Time enough for all that once I get treatment out of the way. I'll try to be a real girl again then!  I have to keep explaining to the nurses that I have three tops the same that I keep recycling..... I don't want them thinking I'm wearing the same top every day! They'll have Social Services at my door, thinking I'm not being looked after!! Quite the opposite..... my washing machine is on a seemingly constant cycle, recycling my leisurewear...... Everything is blue. I've no idea why. I've wanted everything to be blue since this started. I'm sure my reiki guru would have a theory..... I must ask her. 
Also while in the waiting room a girl sitting beside me said my name. I looked at her, her face looked familiar but I couldnt place it. She told me who she was....... I worked with her...... twice....... in two completely different jobs........ over a 22 year period! Our paths just keep crossing. I find myself now wondering why.......I'm no longer a great believer in coincidence.......  I'm sure it will become clear sometime soon. Thankfully she wasn't there for herself, but with her dad who's being treated for prostate cancer and is expected to make a full recovery after treatment. Good news. I do wonder though why we keep being put together. 
So that's week 2 nearly done..... it's going so much quicker now that I'm settling into a routine and am chatting to people. I'm often exhausted when I get home, but often because I've been chattering all day!..... nothing new there then! I do light jobs at home (tonight I hung out a wash and did the dinner dishes), but generally my boys do the lions share and I get to rest up a bit. I still keep myself awake until 9pm to ensure a full night's sleep. Sometimes that's really difficult, particularly if my heads really sore..... these imaginary side effects can be tedious....!! Not unlike the itchy rash I've had for months that a registrar tried to tell me was psychosomatic and being caused by me itching...... every morning I comment to my husband 'god, this imaginary rash is so itchy'...... I know it's nothing serious but again it'd be nice to not be dismissed. A GP was far more understanding and gave me a cream....... which I've stopped using because I'm worried it'll dry my skin out!! Trish knows best....!!! Aveeno for irritated skin is the way forward. Really just a moisturiser with shea butter but definitely doing the job. Another top tip........ you're welcome!!
After tomorrow I'm a third of the way in. Plus my sister is over to stay with me for the weekend. Plenty to look forward to! Xxx

1 comment: