Followers

Monday 15 May 2017

50% day!!

Halfway through. Properly halfway through. I'm sitting in a hotel room in Belfast with my sister, relaxing before I get to see a few people this evening. Physically I've felt better I'll be honest...... seems week 2 of radio is the optimum week..... you're past the fear but not quite into the full side effects........ but I know I could be experiencing far worse than I am. Headache, a bit dizzy, waves of nausea, slightly confuddled at times....... but all manageable. Ive had a bit of swelling round my eye but got that checked today and all seems to be ok. I also made a bit of a medication mess up which I'm sure didn't help....... I'd been told to drop my steroid down from two tablets to one..... I think i did this......but then last week I randomly upped them back to two. No idea why. Just force of habit I guess..... I'd been on two tablets for quite a while so the reduction was just forgotten. That might've added to my eye swelling...... it was very 'fluidly' and even to me looked like steroid type swelling...... and you know what a medical expert I am!! Anyway, most important thing is that it's ok. My head is very sore, but sure I've had a headache for years so it's no big change!! 

I've just listened to a bit of my relaxation cd and that seems to have lifted my headache a bit. We're hoping the weather will hold enough to allow a short walk, and then it'll be 'people time'...... always my favourite time!! 

Back for more treatment tomorrow and then my short sister holiday ends for a while. It'll not be long until we're down doing this again. Perfect treat!

I was also very fortunate to be able to visit one of my former wardmates this morning..... she lives on our way and it was wonderful to see her. She has been a source of great inspiration and comfort to me from day one in RVH and I love her dearly. She gave me a lovely gift and told me it would keep her with me always. I've no doubt that's true. A really special person.
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment