Followers

Thursday 25 May 2017

People change everything....

Anxiety struck again last night...... I kept waking up and had nightmares. I was trying desperately to settle myself and it definitely wasn't as bad as it's been before, but it wasn't a good night. I woke up very shaky and nervous. I was trying to work my way through it but it had potential to be a very bad day. Until I got on my ambulance/bus...... a wonderful care assistant  I've met before and like, plus a fellow passenger who was an absolute joy to spend time with. A man in his 70s, it was like sitting beside a local historian. Plus he was cheery and positive. He turned my day round. Then I had another treatment...... meaning I've only 7 left to do!! 

After treatment I had a bit of a wait for other passengers, so I sat in the main foyer with a cup of peppermint tea. Various people sat beside me and chatted..... I promise they started conversations with me, it wasn't just my usual random 'talk to strangers'! A bit like Forrest Gump on his bench, I sat there. Those that spoke to me included a man who has a friend who's lived with a brain tumour for 20 years and a couple with whom I shared proper belly laughs.

To top it off, last week my reiki master had told me to channel strong women. So during the week I'd been reading up on women I've admired, as well as thinking about women in my life that I think of as strong. One of the women I'd been reading about was Maya Angelou....... she was always a favourite of mine. As I sat today a girl sat down with me and we had a good chat. She was lovely. As she went to leave she gave me a hug and told me her name....... Later I told the story to hubby...... he laughed and pointed out something I hadn't noticed....... what do you think her name was?? Answers on a postcard please......! 

It remains the wonderful people around me along with the kindness of strangers that keeps me strong. If I could ever do half for others what people have done for me then I'd be happy. Each step of this journey had been hard and there's a way to go yet...... but everyone faces trials, we just don't always know what other peoples' are. I don't think ahead particularly. Not for any bad reason..... just because I don't really need to. I remain very much in the present, appreciating the people around me and the fortunate hand I've been dealt compared to some others. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment