Followers

Friday 5 May 2017

Week 2 complete!

That's my second week of radio done. I know there's a lot more still to come, but I'm not thinking about that bit! All I'm interested in is the fact that I've done 2 weeks. The first week was awful, but once I got into the swing of things I've found this week to be fine. Tiring and lots of headaches, but all manageable. Some days have actually been quite enjoyable...... my day always starts with messages of positivity and laughter (some of you are so damned funny!!) and then when I get on the transport, just relax and get chatting to people the company can be really very good. The waiting room is absolutely full of positive energy and lovely people. I'm greeted by name at the desk and then immediately check what beautiful hat s being worn by the beautiful, glamorous, always smiling woman!
The routine is also good for me. It's an early start and I can be out for much of the day, but when you're used to working that can actually be very helpful. Some of my former colleagues might argue I did nothing but chat all day at work anyway, so I guess going to radio isn't much different! I preferred to call it 'relationship building'.....
I celebrated the end of week 2 with a lovely massage from the physio. The staff up there are fantastic. Though as ever there are always some that shine out as really bright lights.
So that's me a third of the way in...... as  someone pointed out to me earlier 'you're a third of the way through and that's almost a half',.,,.. I like those sorts of stats!!
The only tears shed today were ones of pride when I read the comments written by teachers and peers in Fin's yearbook. A-Levels loom and I'm so proud of the bright, funny and kind man he is. 
Now I get a weekend with my sister.... what could be better?? Whatever you're all doing this weekend, enjoy it, keep it positive and be kind to each other! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment