Followers

Monday 29 May 2017

Ideas please.......

A very tired weekend..... but I've had forest walks and even a soaking wet beach walk today. I actually went back to bed this morning...... an unheard of event for me these days! A few extra hours did me no harm, but I've been left very sluggish the rest of the day (despite the rainy beach walk). It's reminded me of how careful I'll need to be when radio finishes. Lying about will lead to more lying about and we've already established that's very bad for me! 

So, similar to post surgery, with radio ending on 6th June I'm now starting to try and think about things I could be doing to occupy my time while waiting for the all important scan results. I suspect going back to work is unlikely to be an option at this stage  as I'd be so unreliable and I can't go back and then off again. 

Human company will be very important to me though....... so long as it's positive people and even better, if I feel like I'm helping people in some small way. I can't drive but I can walk reasonable distances on most days...... So if anyone knows of groups or has ideas then get in touch.  I'm still hoping to do a bit of writing but I have to be careful of too much screen time. Hubby has suggested going back to playing piano.... a hobby I haven't indulged in many, many years. I'm willing to give it a go, but have warned him he may come home some day to find a smashed piano and me in the middle of it crying! I know of a couple of other people from cancer charities that might have some ideas.

So if you know of any groups that meet in the coleraine area, preferably within walking distance for me, then get in touch. Church affiliation is absolutely fine. I'm not a member of any, and am happy to attend groups associated with any group of any denomination. And if anyone wants to form the choir and dance group on my behalf, I'll definitely help out!! I might still do it myself..... who knows.....?? 
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment