Followers

Wednesday 10 May 2017

40% day

40% day today! Actually 43.3 if were being really precise...... It's genuinely starting to fly in now.  2 more days and I'll be half way there.  Plus I've got a lovely sister visit and sneaky Belfast hotel stay to look forward to at the start of the week!

Today brought a lovely coast drive on transport. We even drove through the Dark Hedges. Some beautiful views over White Rocks too. Almost better than an Ulsterbus tour!! Yet another wonderful, friendly Ambulance Care Assistant..... they're all excellent. As usual I made a friend and chatted the whole way to Belfast and the whole way home! So much so that my new friend asked for my phone number when we dropped her off. Sure what could be nicer?? My previous idea about getting lifts home from others isn't going to work..... the times are just too unpredictable and I don't want people sitting waiting for me all day! Sometimes I'm up by 10am and could be taken straight away. Other days I might not be there until after 11 and could wait for a while to be taken. Unsurprisingly there's an awful lot of people being treated.... it's a very busy place.

I got a brief hug with one of my former wardmates; she's having the same treatment but our times haven't crossed the past week and a half. It was lovely to see her. She looks great and had a big smile on her face. We're in regular contact and it's always nice to be able to cheer each other on. Nice to share a ggggrrrr together.

Whilst enjoying my little sightseeing tour, it also resulted in a very long day. I came home exhausted....... the '4pm grumps', which had almost become a thing of the past, emerged around 5pm I'd say. Not too bad but I could feel myself being a little critical and sharper as the evening wore on. I've done what I always do...... go to bed!! I tend to do that after dinner every night. Not asleep; just watching a bit of tv, reading, and now I've incorporated in listening to my relaxation CD....... given to me by the City, it's a fantastic resource.  Takes you through breathing exercises and visual imagery to help you chill out. It's somewhat similar to what my yoga master taught me and what my reiki guru does. I thoroughly recommend this type of thing for everyone!! It's just time to take yourself out of the real world, where everything moves too quick. Stop the world, I want to get off?? This is how to do it! Mindful.....

I've definitely felt a bit different this week..... yet again...... very tired, headaches, waves of nausea....... but mentally I remain in a mostly good place. That's really important. Actually when I've been good, I've felt much more like myself. I've had to remind myself a few times that I'm actually a new me now, so I don't need to start making plans or dealing with 'stuff'. The new, mentally healthier me doesn't worry about such things!! She's far too laid back! Unfortunately I still have some odd sleep moments. This morning this included waking my husband at 03.47am to tell him he'd turned his alarm off and needed to get up....... I'd swear blind I heard it!! I was probably woken by those damned cats crying outside again. The worst noise ever heard. Could be a baby crying..... could be a banshee coming for you...... always disturbing! 

I'll finish with a little dog story...... My dog is amazing, as you all know! She's getting ever more clever though.... This morning I was sitting waiting for the transport and she came up to me and started crying. I looked out the window and the bus was just turning into the cul de sac....... she can hear the engine from round the corner! She often does it when one of the boys is out and she hears the car engine. This one was particularly impressive. Generally she'll also bark and jump at the door when someone calls, but if a car or van pulls up that she doesn't recognise she'll often come and 'tell us' first..... She's got so good at it that one evening hubby came in to check I was ok because she'd moved from her usual spot at the bottom of the bed and gone in to him in the living room. He said "I thought she was doing a Lassie. I thought you were stuck down a well or something!!" Thankfully I wasn't stuck down a well and was quite fine!! Very clever dog though! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment