Followers

Saturday 6 May 2017

Helping myself.....

I've been forced to learn relaxation techniques of late. Every emotion I have is amplified so if it's stress related it can be very damaging. I'm finding that stress can have very physical symptoms....... although I still think it's unfair of a medical professional to be so dismissive. It's something you have to learn for yourself and pull yourself back up from, with the help of understanding people. It's not something you should have thrown in your face like it's a weakness. 
What I am learning is that I just cannot have stress or bad energy in my life. I need complete calm and positivity. I feel myself getting distressed if someone raises their voice or gets annoyed about things. I accept 'that's life', but I'm quite happy to work hard towards a kind of inner calm. I've seen and felt the difference that can be made physically by someone with a calm reassurance and a caring way. It's happened to me a few times now; with a priest, a chaplain, familymembers, particular friends and a reiki master...... I don't think it really matters who it is, it's just that sense of calm and reassurance.
Last night I had a thought back to a time when I, with hindsight, quite clearly had symptoms. I remembered when we were at a local music festival and I had a terrible 'sinus headache'...... that was 4 years ago! Do you know what I realised?? That baby was in there for a long time, really not doing too much. Not aggressive at all..... just dormant and very laid back. The surgeries and treatments will get it back to its laid back state, of that I'm confident. It may even take it further back as so much has been removed. Then we'll just live together. I'll not piss it off because I'll be laid back too. There'll be plenty of monitoring so we'll know if it gets a bit cross again...... but it won't, because I'm a different 'me' now...... I'm mindful and relaxed. The old stressy me tries to creep back in every so often but I'm learning how to chase her away......! The new me is all relaxation and spas. She's pretty cool 😎 This is how I will ensure this thing doesnt beat me. A combination of modern medicine and a relaxed, positive state of mind. I'll still be determined and do a bit of ggggrrrrr-ing, but not to the extent of putting any pressure on myself. 
Today I have had an almost perfect day. The morning with my boys, then reiki sessions for my big sis and I. A walk on the beach for sis and i followed by a fantastic meal cooked by her...... nice and light but filled with all the things I'm supposed to eat during radio..... veg, protein and a wee hint of ginger. Now I'm relaxing as she prepares another delicious meal for tomorrow! Tumeric in it this time..... known for its healing qualities. Another lovely day with her tomorrow.
Then I'll get ready to get stuck into week 3...... I'll be halfway there before you know it! xxx

1 comment: