Followers

Sunday 11 June 2017

Farewell Donegal.... miss you already

Last nights B&B was superb. The Glen House, just outside Clonmany........ I can heartily recommend. It comes complete with its own bridge over to the path to the waterfall....... idylllic! 

We shared the B&B with the Ladies Chinese Taipei Tug of War team, who were over for training before the World Games in Poland. I wish them well in their competition! 

Yesterday, whilst visiting Malin Head, we had passed a group of cyclists cycling in aid of Marie Curie. Ever since seeing them I'd felt bad for not stopping. We saw them right at the start of their ride and I kept thinking we should've stopped, sponsored them and spurred them on. This morning it was still bugging me, so I googled and found a JustGiving  page for one of them. They're cycling from Malin to Mizen in Cork..... impressive. I sponsored the random bloke I'd found and then had a moment that caused my heart to race....... There were two men in cycling gear, sitting in the breakfast room to our left and one of their phones buzzed....... my heart leapt! No way??!! I looked at him and at the photo on the Just Giving page...... showing it to hubby, my eyes like saucers, I said "Did I just sponsor him?? Seriously?? Tell me that couldn't have happened!"....... somewhat unfortunately it hadn't....... it wasn't the same guy....... my eyesight isn't great at the moment and the guy in the photo really didn't look like the guy in the breakfast room. Plus, of course, the more obvious fact that the guy in the breakfast room was the tug of war team's coach and didn't speak a word of English. How terribly disappointing!  

I tell the story simply because it made us laugh...... and that's healing in itself!  I was so entertained by it that I told the B&B owner..... she then told us some stories..... including the one about her sister who beat leukaemia 10 years ago..... exactly the sort of story I love to hear! 

After our waterfall walk, we headed down to a stone fort called the Grianan of Aileach. The views!! Unfortunately I couldn't fully enjoy due to a bit of dizziness and also a very strong wind. My eyesight is a little off too...... just seems to take a moment to focus. This morning I opened my eyes and everything was green...... just for a split second, but doesn't seem like a good thing........ I'm sure it's tiredness combined with a very bright room and sleeping in a green t-shirt...... I've made an appt with optician for tomorrow to get it checked. I'm still having problems with one ear too..... it just feels blocked and I can't really hear properly. 

I guess you can't expect to be zapped in the head for 6 weeks and then not have some weirdness afterwards..... they do warn you that side effects usually get worse after you finish treatment...... I think it's important to get things checked, however I wasn't really even recovered from surgery when the radio started, so progress will take a bit of time...... I'm exhausted, although I'm not sure how much of that is due to the wonderful Donegal air and probably too much walking, or the radio.....! Dealing with physical stuff is undoubtedly a lot easier when you're in a relaxed, Donegal state of mind! Xxx

5 comments:

  1. Happy Days, glad yous had an awesome weekend the photos looked lovely, it's a great part of the world and so close for yous. Speak soon B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what we both needed Baz. Catch you soon. Gutted I'm missing Clutch!! Soon.....

      Delete
  2. Hi Tricia, got your card today. I was delighted you wrote as you've been on my mind. Thank you for your kind words. It made my day. Take care. Mya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at the entry "People Change Everything" and you'll see why I couldn't not try to get a card to you!! Thank you Mya....... you came along at the perfect time and I really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
    2. I have something for you Mya! A very small thing that I couldn't walk past without getting you! If you email your surname I'll get it posted to you at work. triciasbigbrain@ail.com xx

      Delete