Followers

Sunday 4 June 2017

Radio's last laugh.....

With two treatments left, radio has decided to remind me who's boss...... it has, of course, made an error. I'm always boss, even if in the past I've sometimes forgotten!.....  It's not too bad but a lot of niggly side effects have developed.....

My skin is itchy, especially my face...... I've been using Aveeno for irritated skin for this on my body since the start and it's been very effective. Now I've had to use a bit on my face. It seems to have worked there too. Mild and gentle on a mild and gentle girl.... haha....

My mouth and throat are really dry and sore. We've described it as mouthitis!..... I'm trying to combat this by eating soft foods, drinking plenty of water, humidifier in the bedroom and swirling with coconut oil......... I know...... complete hippy!! The coconut oil is sitting on the shelf beside the Manuka honey....... I will talk to the medical folk tomorrow, but the solutions pretty much always involve pills and I'm taking enough of them. I also have awful heartburn again (probably from the coconut oil or the overload of eggs I've eaten today!) 

My skin just burns. Entry and exit wounds are clearly defined now. Plus the warm weather makes my headscarved head sooooo itchy!! 

I'm physically very tired too. My legs just didn't feel strong today. I was a little surprised by this as I've been doing plenty of walking and worked hard to keep my strength up. Well, imagine how I'd feel if I hadn't done that...... my wee legs wouldn't be carrying me at this stage! As it is, it's a temporary tiredness and I'll keep exercising gently. I still managed the beach today.... just slowly.

So lots of very minor annoyances that I know I should be grateful for only getting now and for the fact that they really are minor. People get stuff like this in week 3 and then have to bear another 3 weeks of treatment....... I've got 2 days to go. I know side effects can last for a while,  but I know I can deal with that. I also know that it changes with each day. Tomorrow I could very easily wake up with strong legs, a normal mouth and throat, and settled skin...... so long as I maintain the balance of gentle exercise, healthy eating, positivity, fight yet calmness, then I know I can start to enjoy daily progress after Tuesday. The prospect of chemo and scans etc remains exactly that...... a prospect. The results of which are unknown and worries for the future. In the meantime, with the help of my reiki guru and mindfulness apps and enlightenment books, I'll just remain calmly in the present...... What a changed girl I am!! 

I continue to meet wonderful people. Some old friends, some just seemingly thrown into my path.  And I selfishly absorb all their goodness (though I do try to pay some of it forward too, so that makes it ok, doesn't it??)   Xxx


2 comments:

  1. I catch up on this every few days, and read it in awe of you, i know what you will say that you are just along for the ride but your positivity, strength and general awesomeness amazes me every time a read about your most recent escapades. You make me laugh you make me cry but most of all you make be proud to call you a friend.

    Keep on being you, and i will catch up with you soon.

    Love you lots like jelly tots.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a soft big lump! I'm ok.... it's all a bit crap, but it could be so much worse. We'll get hugs very soon..... though I know it's the Big Man you're after really..... plus it'd take you 5 hours to get here by the time you navigate all those roundabouts!! Well catch up soon and by this time next year I'll be front row again. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete