Followers

Monday 26 June 2017

Unscunner yourself!

I just read my earlier update back, and to be Norn Irish about it, I can feel the pure scunneredness hanging out of it!! Not a real word?? Should be! Honestly, scunnered is kind of how I feel. Not in a total depression or really upset, just scunnered. Fed up. It'll pass and I'm sure equally I'll have other days of it....... it's kind of normal life, isn't it?? 

I was, however, a little disappointed in the undercurrent of 'I'm scunnered' that was obvious from my last blog entry. I know it's important to be honest and I'm not scared to share the emotional journey...... partially because it helps me to get it out in writing, and also partly in the hope it lets others know they're not alone in their feelings, and finally in the hope it helps families better understand how a family member might be feeling. So I'll always be honest...... but just being scunnered seems a bit unnecessarily negative. It's like just being in a foul mood....... sometimes you're better just to take yourself offside and sort yourself through it, rather than dragging others with you. 

So my sincere apologies if my pissed off mood had any impact on anyone else. Although I'm quite sure people have stopped reading by now anyway!! 

So, as has become my bizarrely public way of cheering myself up, I thought I'd remind myself of a few things to unscunner me!.......  

I got a wonderful day with my sister and we did absolutely nothing of any necessity at all. We chatted, we watched TV. Sure what could be a better way to spend a day?? Yes, I feel bad that she came the whole way from Manchester to do it...... but it was still great. 

My ear is a pain in the..... well in the ear really........ but could've been so much worse. Even if it did turn out to be something more serious then it'll have been caught. As I think I've learnt this year, if something really serious is going on then your body will eventually tell you, sometimes in a very rude fashion! Better to catch things early. Equally there's very little point sitting round worrying, because sometimes stuff just happens! To quote the wise philosopher, Axl Rose,  "I don't worry bout nothin, cos worrying's a waste of my time." People get perforated eardrums all the time (sometimes thanks to Axl), and if it turns out to be something more sinister then we'll know and it'll be dealt with. More likely, it'll remain uncomfortable and then it'll get better. I can't remember two brain surgeries, I hardly think I'll remember a sore ear.......

My friends remain beautiful and funny and sweet. I am spoilt by the love around me. Tomorrow I get to see three of 'my girlies'..... three very different, but all wonderful souls that have been unfaltering in their support for the last 6 months. True friends. Today I have enjoyed messages from a wonderful mix of friends...... some sweet, some who keep my strength up, some who boost my confidence and sone who are just hilarious and brighten every day........ Hard not to notice you have the best mates in the word when one sends you a video of him lip syncing (perfectly!) to Whitney Houston. If I could share it he'd be famous...... but he's made me swear!! 

Scunnered? Yeah, a bit. Happy that it's looking like something and nothing? Yes, a lot. Grateful for my family and friends? Always. Hopefully that has undone some of my 'I'm scunnered' vibe from earlier xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment