Followers

Sunday 23 April 2017

Inspiration....

I think I mentioned before about the woman who has walked my block for around 20 years. I used to see her, vaguely wonder what her story was and feel a degree of sympathy. Now I see someone who gets up and walks to battle through. I admire her. This morning I saw her and I crossed the road to talk to her. We told our stories and I told her how much I admired her because I now knew how difficult it could be to get up every day and walk round the block. She explained the demons she battled every day and I was so glad I'd stopped to talk to her. We talked about how life can just change and about confidence and strength. We know each other now and I have no doubt we'll talk again. That simple act of just being open with each other gave us a both a little boost. That understanding that life can be difficult for lots of people for lots of different reasons, but if you keep your strength of character, lean on those around you, and not be afraid to show your vulnerability then you'll get through the hardest bits. I wish I'd paid more attention before. There are strong people all around us. Pay attention! I'd like to think I was never an unkind person...... but there's no doubt I see the world completely differently now. 
Interestingly she also used to work in the hospital and was familiar with others with brain tumours. She told me, with complete confidence, that people live for a long time with controlled cancer like mine. I've been told this many times, but it was nice to hear it from a stranger who had no reason to say it. Not that she is a stranger anymore..... What is it they say? A stranger is just someone you haven't got to know yet...... I've been lucky enough to get to know a few very special strangers of late. Forget Stranger Danger..... start thinking Stranger Inspiration. I highly recommend it! Xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love this Tricia! So inspirational on so many levels. Thanks

    ReplyDelete