Followers

Sunday 30 April 2017

All this healing is exhausting.....

The first week of radio has left me exhausted. They say you get tired because your body is using its energy to heal any damaged good cells. I must be doing some serious healing then! Either that or they've pointed it at the totally wrong place! 

I've been wrecked all weekend but am continuing to make myself push through. I know I need rest, but lying about all day is the worst thing I could ever do physically and mentally. I'm trying to do what I did when I returned home after surgery...... I'm acknowledging that I need rest so I'm taking my time doing things. A bit like my dog (a rescue lurcher, part greyhound; likes short bursts of energy followed by a wee lie down). I go for a quick walk with hubby and the dog in the morning, and then a longer one in the evening. This weekend I've had a couple of longer ones too - a beach walk yesterday and a forest walk today. Once it hits 4pm I'm basically fighting to stay awake, so after dinner I go to bed. I don't sleep at that time though..... I just rest and relax. I'll chat to people via texts/whatsapp etc, maybe watch a bit of tv and read a book. Eightsies are usually a bit of brown toast with peanut butter and tea followed by an apple. Then I read until 9. I'm out for the count very quickly so am generally getting around 10 hours sleep, though I'm always awake a bit before the alarm. Lots of healing time. I'm particularly tired today but I suspect this may be partially due to another amazing reiki/reflexology/visual meditation session yesterday, plus a longer than usual walk this afternoon with a good friend..... I'm so chilled out I suspect I could've slept from 5pm right through..... not that I would!! It's ok to need sleep for healing, but it's not ok to start sleeping the clock round. That'll only make me feel worse and I need to stay as physically and mentally strong as I can. Food and exercise are big contributors to maintaining that, so I'm continuing to eat like a marathon runner and exercise like a tortoise!

I'm mildly concerned my blog has stopped being funny..... it's become like a 'this is what I did today'..... doesn't tend to be hilarious! Generally I'm still pretty funny..... or maybe I've always just thought I was....Either way, laughter still remains a great medicine (along with whatever my reiki master is doing..... I'm quite convinced she's performing miracles!)  So please accept my apologies for getting a bit boring and not being my usual, witty self. I'll try to up my game...... 

Here's one I don't think I've told yet and it's a true story, which are always the funniest...... Do you know that the Neuro Ward in RVH is on level 4 and that when you get into the lift the button for level 4 is the only one that doesn't light up when you press it? Seems a little cruel...... As if people with brain issues aren't confused enough, now we get to press a button repeatedly and wonder if it's just us.....!  

Yes, yes, I accept I probably need to up my game a bit higher...... I'll try..... leave it with me.......

I'll finish with a wee burst of optimism, as that's always important! I'm now counting down my radio sessions by interspersing little rewards...... I've 3 visits from my sister, two of which include stays in a Belfast hotel so I won't have to travel the Frocess those days. I've also just booked a stay in a lovely B&B in Donegal for the Saturday after I finish my last radio treatment. Due to the bank holidays, I'll finish on a Tuesday, so now I've got a Saturday night away to look forward to after that. It looks lovely; family run, relaxed, right in the middle of nature. Plenty of walks, but not too strenuous...... rambles rather than hikes. Perfect way to recharge. I can't wait to get back on that upward trajectory again. I'd really just recovered from surgery when radio started so it'll be really nice to make some progress that might last..... Gah, listen to me being totally unfunny again....! I promise I do laugh every single day and I make really bad jokes when up for treatment...... still me! 
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment