Followers

Friday 14 April 2017

Preparing for the next stage....

It's been a strange few days..... as I'm learning is guaranteed now. I've had some really good times and also some tears. Understandable I'd say. Big achievements have included going out to a cafe for lunch with my son, a lovely walk along Portrush West Strand with my sister and a fairly honest and needed conversation with hubby (a wee bit of acceptance crept in.....). I've said so much about how our lives have changed and been so positive about being fluid and never stressing again...... and then I've completely ignored myself!! I have stressed out moments pretty much every day. That's really stupid. I need to learn what's important. Not just saying the words..... actually doing it. I just keep trying to go back to my old life. My comfort zone. But I need to accept that's not going to happen. My life is different. And that's ok. Well, maybe not ok as such, but I have no choice in it so I may learn to learn from it and make myself a better person from all of this.
Relationships in particular have been built and changed forever. In a really positive way. I'm closer to family than I've ever been. I have developed friendships and I hope to give back to those people as much as they have given me. So many good people have come to the fore. Some I didn't know that well beforehand but I'm now hugely grateful to have in my life. I look forward to building on those relationships and learning more about those wonderful people. 
I'm back up to get my head wound checked on Wednesday. After that radio should start. Yes, it'll be tough.... but this whole thing is tough. Every single day brings 'tough'. I have to do whatever could bring better things physically. It's short term pain for long term gain. So let's get ready for the next stage. The marathon. Other people do it. I can do it too. Better times are ahead and I'll make sure my life is put to good purpose. I don't know what I'll do yet, but I'm quite sure I'm supposed to be achieving more. 
Deep today!
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment