Followers

Thursday 9 March 2017

Food thank you's!

A special thanks to the people who have brought food! Yesterday we were given 'spaghetti bolognaise-ish' and 'paprika pork thing', tonight a lovely stew. Full of healthy, natural, organic ingredients and so comforting. Really appreciated. By the family too - I never fed them like this!! 
I still find it quite funny that I'm craving the foods I've been advised to eat - salad or. Sf with everything plus high protein. I'm obsessed with avocado and love a good chicken burger with loads of salad. Poor Big Man spends half his life in the supermarket with very specific lists...... that he's not allowed to deviate from!
I'm still struggling to keep my eyes open today, but that's ok. Surgeon had told me to rest up. Plus my steroids have been reduced again (hurrah!) so I'm not as hyper..... I know some of you might miss 'that' Trish..... though I suspect many are exhausted by her. Not least my poor husband! I was always a talker, but the steroids made it world record worthy! Glad to get them reduced and feel a little more normal. They should come down again next week which will be great. Not loving them at all.......
So all in all a very lazy day. But sure that's ok. Two craniotomies in a week - you're entitled to feel a bit worn out! Still fighting, just allowing myself a bit of down time. 
Have been doing some brain training too...... not sure if there's much point, but thought it might help. The tests the other day were similar to the brain training apps you get. They're clearly designed to see what damage has been done from the surgery. Temporal lobe surgery can affect your ability to form new memories. Hence my focus on doing well. I know I didn't do too bad, but keen to improve if I can. Not sure it's within my gift, but giving it a go anyway. Can't do any harm. 
I have a folder full of information from hospital. I'm being a bit of a chicken about it. Not sure I want to read all of it. All feels a bit real. I'll keep fighting but not sure I always need the cold facts. They can be a bit stark. Plus I remain adverse to any form of negativity. I can't watch any politics at the moment because the campaigning has been so negative. I won't watch anything psychological or negative at all. I've never watched such rubbish in all my life! I'm watching rom coms and flicking through fashion magazines...... not very 'Trish'....... My favourite tv programme was Love/Hate about the Irish crime groups. I couldn't even comprehend watching it at the moment. Too much going on and too dark. I could end up. turning into a 'real girl'...... I thing I've always said I wasn't very good at. I'll have to do something...... my hair roots are coming in a bit grey (big red is absent at the moment) and my skin isn't great. Plus I've put on a few pounds from all the steroid induced eating..... though not as much as I would've expected. I don't know what I weighed before but I'm not too bad now. I think I'd have been more worried if I was losing weight...... which I'm definitely not! And won't if I keep enjoying all this delicious food.
So thanks for the food, and to those who have shared diet advice. Very much appreciated. Keep up the funny texts/ emails/ whatsapps/ FB messages too. They keep my head in a positive place. Some of you are very, very funny! All of you are sweet and caring. My wonderful Support Team. 🙂😘 xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to whoever left the Pink Ladies at the door. The apples of champions!
    Not sure about the Chinese delivery..... probably just a coincidence but think I might have traumatised the delivery driver! I'm brutal....... "I appreciate I probably look like someone who'd randomly order Chinese, but I honestly didn't. I've just had dinner with my husband. There's no way we ordered a chinese too. And if anyone else had done it they'd have let me know. I think. The wound looks worse than it is...... "(he was staring a bit!) God love him. Another person traumatised. I'll add him to the list!! Don't think my 'tact Neuro pathway' is ever returning......!! Was I always rude?? And I swear like a trooper...... that's rude too...... I'm concentrating on the simple things. I'm definitely going to have to work on my manners...... they're poor.........

    ReplyDelete