Followers

Monday 13 March 2017

Trickery again......

The mind plays tricks...... probably especially when it's been through a bit of trauma! My paranoia over blood sugars continues. I think I checked them 5 times yesterday. All fine. Then last night I woke up at midnight. Sweating. Scared. Convinced they were either too high or too low. I got up and sneaked into the toilet to check them. Guess what? They were basically the same as they had been when I went to sleep. Paranoia setting in. My mind just fixates on certain things. It's ridiculous. I've spoken to my meds nurse and steroids tend to increase them rather than decrease so not really sure what's going on there. I'll continue to be fussy about mealtimes and plenty of veg. Unfortunately means we can't change dosage again today. Makes sense, but still ultimately want off them.
Looking forward to getting stitches out tomorrow. As uncomfortable as I know it'll be........ seems minor compared to what's happened before, just need to grit my teeth and get on with it! Plus I need to try and sort this mess of hair!! I can shower and wash my hair in sections. Just have to be careful of wounds. I make a mess of this. One of those times I'm grateful for having fine hair. If it was thick I'd be in major bother. As it is I can wash it and dry it. Kind of. I have a knot at the back that I'm considering taking scissors to....... not yet though........ I'm still trying to get it out with my fingers...... unsuccessfully at the moment. Still..... if I'd had lovely thick, curly locks I'd be in major problems now! I'd considered getting it cut up prior to surgery but been advised not to. Good advice. Having it longer actually makes the wounds less obvious, especially the one down the side of my face. Plus any bald spots can be covered by just flipping my hair over them. Just another reason why I think it was s good thing to be plain! I don't really worry about my hair (grey as the roots are and tatty as it is!), I'm not one bit bothered about being seen out in jogging bottoms, wi black eyes are nothing to me...... low maintenance is good! Yes, of course I look forward to putting on a pair of jeans, a bit of make up, dying my hair red again, and feeling prettier....... but it's not particularly important to me now. Priorities....... 
if you're pretty, like your make up, spend hours on your hair or are fussy about how you look then I don't advise a brain tumour...... truthfully, I don't advise one anyway!! Pain in the ass. But not to be lain down to. Get up,  e strong, surround yourself with wonderful family and friends and show it what you're made of! 
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment