Followers

Friday 10 March 2017

If you're visiting someone who's had brain surgery.....

Sorry, on a total blogathon today! 
This one is for family and friends..... if you're visiting someone who's had brain surgery there are certain things your loved one may find intolerable..... these were mine-

Hearing aids - change your battery before you visit. The squealing can feel like someone trying to tune into Radio Luxembourg in your brain. Excruciating.


Children - awful I know. I found children just too much. Too unpredictable. I was scared they'd knock me over. The noise was too much. They look at you and know there's something not right. Plus they always seem to have coughs and sneezes. One wardmate had her son brought in to see her at one stage. Bearing in mind we're being told our biggest risk from surgery is infection, this child quite clearly has the cold. He's coughing and spluttering the whole time. His mother is very ill . I was really cross at the irresponsibility of it. The child shouldn't see his mother like that, he shouldn't be in a hospital where there is so much risk of illness to him, he's clearly unwell and putting everyone in the ward at risk. He's bored and whining. Take him away. For everyone's sake.


Mobile phones - put them on silent. I couldn't have survived without mine, but I put it on silent and kept it under my arm. That way I could feel it when I received messages etc, but I wasn't disturbing the whole ward.


Alarms - buzzers are constantly going off. They're necessary but often very annoying. 


Strong smells - don't wear them, don't spray them. It's too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment