Followers

Monday 13 March 2017

Symptoms

A lot of people have asked about symptoms. I guess everyone's paranoid they might have one too now!! Honestly..... not many. Though hindsight is 20/20. I had been having headaches. For a number of years. They were out down to sinuses, which is probably fair. I do have bad sinuses too - often get infections. So every time I had a bad run, I'd have put it down to a sinus infection. Sometimes they gave me a 'surreal feeling' that I hated. Just a bit 'out of body'. I hated that. I had sinus surgery a couple of years ago andvthat did alleviate the sinus problems I'd had (again suggesting I did have sinus problems too!) I did ask about the scans but they're very different types - one looks at bone and one at tissue, so no clues there. 
Other than that, headaches. Bad headaches. I honestly thought they were hormonal and just got on with things. 
They got to the stage where rhey became 'visual'. I'd get a flickering over my eye, like a kaleidoscope. Horrible but not as bad as a full blown headache. Again, I thought they were hormonal and just battered on with things. They left me very tired afterwards. 
Tiredness I guess is another one. Although bear in mind I was travelling 120 miles round trip every day, I was up at 5.25am every morning, worked hard all day, and not home until 6.30/6.45 at night. So of course I was a bit tired!
Lack of concentration is another one. I lost the ability to watch tv in the evenings. I couldn't follow the plots. Wasn't interested. Would rather go to bed and read. Again, I put that down to tiredness. Long days.
The other big one was an inability to remember names. Not something you immediately think of as being a problem. I would look at someone, know I knew them, know I knew them well enough to talk to, but be unable to pluck their name out of my head. Probably not hugely unusual. I did have one in particular where someone spoke to me and I just could not think who he was. I kind of knew but couldn't put my finger on it. I was aware of it and apologised to him after. But just couldn't place him or what he was talking about. But I knew that I should.
Daydreaming? Think I always did that! Lack of concentration in meetings at times - is head everyone talking around me but just not be able to focus on what was being said. Not always though. Sometimes I was fine and even took minutes!
I honestly can't really think of much else. A few weeks before the grand mal I was talking to someone at work and kind of slabbered a bit out of the corner of my moth. We laughed about it but I was embarrassed.
A bit of anxiety maybe too, though I've always been prone to that. Particularly in the work context. I've always taken work fairly seriously. I want to be good at it. I want to be respected and well though of. Any suggestion that I'm not much use will cause me to stress out a bit. I suppose that probably increased, but in context, I moved to a new job with people at the top of the organisation. Of course I didn't want to mess it up! I wanted to be good. I wanted my team to like me. I wanted to be well thought of.
That's really it - a bit forgetful, headaches, anxiety, lack of concentration. Not particularly abnormal I don't think! Nothing you'd look at now and immediately think we're danger signs. I do think I had another seizure a week or two before 'the big one'. Again I was asleep but woke up making very strange noises. I thought I was having a dream. Was aware of it but not alarmed by it. Now I think it was probably a facial seizure as I've experienced them since, but at the time I thought I'd had a dream.
Nothing a major interest really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment