Followers

Thursday 9 March 2017

Surgery results

I've just been through my notes....... don't think I relayed the surgery results particularly accurately. Hopefully this is more reflective, though please remember that I do get a little disorientated and sometimes get things muddled! This is what I've written down.....

Overall grade 3, however one bit very different. Majority ('spongy') has been low grade; grade 2. But some areas of change ('angry peas') They give you the grade of the highest grade bit rather than average it out. I'll now be referred to oncology for further treatment - likely to be 6 weeks radiotherapy but they will decide. Appt on 23 March. 
Stitches out on 14 March. Met the nurse who'll do it and she seems very nice. Hopefully I won't totally offend her when I swear at her, as I'm likely to do!
Able to wash my hair again! Have to use mild shampoo - baby shampoo too harsh. 
No driving. Can't imagine doing that anyway! No desire to.
Still some swelling in brain but debulking successful. Able to release some of the pressure. One chunk removed was big enough that surgeon could've fitted her fist into it. Yikes!  But good to have it gone.
Before leaving hospital I had a series of appts with all sorts of people - Occupational Therapist, Social Worker etc. Established I'm safe to be alone, just need to be careful. Much the same as when I came home before. I can do everything but I need to be careful and take things slow.
I'm home a few days now and am already doing great. I'm perfectly able to do stuff - I can shower, go for walks, see visitors etc. I've been very tired though. Probably a good thing. I need to rest ahead of next treatment.  Not lying down to it, but I am allowing my body to rest. Seems fair! 
Everyone continues to contact me and I love that. My Ward of Winners are all missed but we are in regular touch and I can't wait to meet up with them again.
If radio is my next treatment then I'm hoping they'll offer me accommodation up there. I'll take it if they do. I don't want people running me up every day, plus it would be exhausting. I know how inspirational it can be meeting others going through similar things. Plus they offer all sorts of alternative therapies etc. It seems much more relaxing and I can come home at weekends. We'll see what they offer but I'm hopeful that'll be an option. All of you in the Belfast area need to get ready - I'll be wanting visitors I'm sure! 
So all good really, considering. Getting ready for the next stage of the journey and well able for it. Building myself up, the same as I did ahead of surgeries. Getting 'tour fit'! I feel fortunate. So many get far worse. Yes, it sucks, but it could've been so much worse than this. I'll keep building myself up and I'll get there. I'd start radio tomorrow if they'd let me! Just want to get stuck in now. Not confirmed that'll be the next treatment but we'll see on 23rd. Longest wait of my life!! Well, apart from prior to surgeries possibly..... impatient as ever. Everything changes, everything stays the same. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment